Microsoft Reader is a free software
application designed to deliver an on-screen computer reading experience
that for the first time approaches the convenience and quality of
paper. Microsoft Reader is the first product to include ClearType
display technology. ClearType greatly improves resolution on LCD
screens to deliver a print-like display.
Microsoft Reader also pays strict attention
to the traditions and benefits of good typography. It offers a clean,
uncluttered layout; ample margins; proper spacing, leading, and
kerning; plus powerful tools for book marking, highlighting, and
annotation. Click here to
download this software! Do you want to learn more about this software
from Microsoft.com? If so, click here.
- ClearType™ display technology for text clarity and definition
- Instant "Find" feature and bookmarking for easy text
navigation and exploration
- Powerful tools for making highlights, annotations, and drawings
- Adjustable font size
- File size : 3.55 MB
Minimum System Requirements
- Processor : Pentium 75 or higher microprocessor
- Memory : 16 MB RAM
- Hard disk : Approximately 19 MB free hard drive space (Microsoft
Reader is 3.6 MB, but additional hard disk space is required for
- Operating system : Microsoft Windows® 98 platforms, Microsoft
Windows NT4 SP6, Microsoft Windows 2000 platforms, Microsoft Windows
XP, and Microsoft Windows Me.
- Display : VGA or higher resolution monitor and video card capable
of displaying 16 bit color
- Microsoft mouse or compatible pointing device
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 with Service Pack 1 or higher
Approximate Download Times
||less than 1 minute
Important Download Instructions
- Click the download link.
- In the File Download box, select Save this program to disk.
- Save the file named "msreadersetup.exe" to your hard
- When the download is completed, locate msreadersetup.exe on
your hard drive and double-click the file to begin installation.
When the installation is begun, you will see a welcome message
as shown above. Click the Next button.
License Agreement will then be shown. Click the Yes button.
Select the folder where you want MS Reader to be installed. Unless
you want to install the program in a particular folder of your
choice, just click the Next button.
InstallShield Wizard is now complete. To read The New Life Mission's
e-books in MS Reader format right away, remove the check mark
before "Activate my computer now" and click the Finish
If you intend to use MS Reader to purchase e-books through the
Internet or for any other purposes apart from reading The New
Life Mission's e-books, check "Activate my computer now"
and register with the Passport service provided by Microsoft Corporation.
MS Reader will ask you again whether you want to Activate your
computer or not. This is necessary only for commercial transactions
of e-books. As it is not required to open and read our e-books,
click the No button.
Installation is now complete. A short-cut icon for MS Reader is
created on your desktop. Double-click on the icon to launch the
- You can now go to The New Life Mission's e-book download page,
select your country, and click the Download button to download
your e-book. After you finish downloading the electronic book
file (.lit), double click .lit file that is stored in your folder.